This award recognises an outstanding sustainability initiative executed by an FM professional, team, or organisation over the past 12 months.
The judges would like to hear about changes your FM team have made to make your business more sustainable. The winning initiative will make a positive contribution to the advance of environmental considerations in FM, while also demonstrating clear practical applications.
Entry is by a 5-page A4 PDF submission; the judges will be looking for clear information backed up by facts that pays particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Background: Please provide a background of the sustainability initiative(s) including the key FM team members behind it, the level of senior management buy-in, and how it was rolled out across the organisation.
- Training: Describe any relevant training or employee initiatives offered through your organisation, including the levels of staff engagement.
- Execution & Challenges: Describe how the initiative was executed, including any challenges faced and how the team worked together to overcome them.
- Outcomes & Results: Summarise the practical benefits of the initiative(s), detailing benefits to the environment and the organisation in areas like energy, fuel and CO2 savings, waste minimisation, recycling, and the use of sustainable products. Please include facts and figures to back this up, including any downward trends in annual figures.
- Include any other facts or statements that you feel are relevant to support the entry.